PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Welcome to where you belong!

Monday, February 28, 2005

Welcome to where you belong!

I am starting this blog, to basically connect the "Indian Diaspora" from all over the world, the inspiration was a conference I attended at the University of Hyderabad titled - "Indian Diaspora - Trends, Issues and Challenges" Feb 24-26, 2005. The University currently has a - Centre for the study of Indian Diaspora.

It was a refreshing, invigorating and very passionate intellectual and academic outpouring from Non-Resident Indians (NRI), People of Indian Origins (PIO), the Desi's etc.

I welcome anybody that is intersted in the phenomenon of "Diaspora" to use this blog, all you will have to do is email me .

I am Cecilia Abraham, currently enrolled for a Ph.D at the University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, my evolving thesis will deal with “Films on the Indian Diaspora".

Development Junkie | 8:57 AM |

Comments

Anonymous Anonymous | Mon Feb 28, 05:05:00 PM | # 

best of luck in your endeavour. i'm glad that this is a topic of study, being an indian american in the diaspora. a professor i had at stanford, who has since left for swarthmore, may be of interest to you. her name is bakirathi mani and she taught a phenomal class on this topic of indians in the diaspora. keep updating your status on your site and sepia mutiny so we can all follow along.

Blogger Development Junkie | Sun Mar 06, 08:01:00 PM | # 

Thanks for your encouraging comment Giri.

Post a Comment

<< Home

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger