PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: "Yesterday" - Producer Anant Singh

Sunday, February 27, 2005

"Yesterday" - Producer Anant Singh

South Africa received its first nomination (however, lost to a Spanish film) for the best foreign-language Oscar for Yesterday, a tragic tale of an HIV-positive mother facing death. The producer is Anant Singh, South African Indian Filmmaker.

Infact when I met Prof. Brij Maharaj from South Africa, I asked for a few filmmakers from South Africa, I think he gave me this name.

I appreciate the filmmaker for making a film in the local Zulu language, I was just wondering what is it like to be an South African Indian filmmaker. I took a look at his filmography, seems he's made movies only on South Africa, nothing "Desi" or "Diasporic" about any. However this guy, is kicking in a desi connection by producing Nelson Mandela's autobiography, directed by the very apna (our own) Shekhar Kapoor.

Development Junkie | 9:32 PM |

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger