PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Glover and his film company

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Glover and his film company

I hope more of my posts in the blog will be about "Films and the diaspora". That is what my interest is.

In the headlines today "Danny Glover" actor from the "Lethal Weapon" movies, has started afilm company Louverture Films which "will support the employment and training of cast and crew from the African Diaspora, minorities and/or marginalized communities," says Glover's publicist Arnold Robinson in a statment.


The actor wants to make films of historical relevance with a social purpose.

Maybe this is a solution to make more meaningful movies on the diaspora.



A heart wrenching report on Africa's top film festival, Fespaco.....movies mainly funded by ex-rulers, who call the SHOTS!

Development Junkie | 10:08 PM |

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger