PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Guiana 1838

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Guiana 1838

I chanced upon reading about the movie - Guiana 1838 directed by Rohit Jagessar. I have to watch this movie. In my very limited opinion, I found this to be among the first movies that talked about indentured labour. The labour that migrated from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar to work on the sugar cane fields in Africa, late 18th century.

I watched the trailor of the movie and it really moved me, now I have to get the Cd in India. To watch Indian actor, Kumar Gaurav the actor in this role was surprising.

The Arrival of the East Indians in Guyana.

I found at intrested Guyanese quote - Don't mind how bird vex, it can't vex with tree
Meaning:
It does not matter if you are annoyed with conditions at work, you have to return to your job. Similarly, although you may be frustrated with the situation in your homeland, you may still have to return to it.

Development Junkie | 9:52 PM |

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger