PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: I am an Anglo-Indian men.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I am an Anglo-Indian men.

Before I embarked on my Ph.D "Films on the Indian Diaspora", I was interested in the "Anglo Indian (AI) Community", I wanted to study how the community constructed identities by using "Music", "Food" and "Dress" as cultural commodities. I somehow didn't find that one strand that would sustain a Ph.D thesis. Nevertheless, what I learnt fascinated me about this community, that I am in a way connected with. Please note I am not AI, atleast the one "defined" by the Constitution of India.

I have a part of the family living in Australia, Melbourne. I happened to just find out that Melbourne has an "Immigration Museum". They had just concluded an exhibition on "Anglo Indian Stories - A Passage from India".

For the latest status of AI's in Kolkata, India.

Development Junkie | 12:58 AM |

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger