PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Meeting with my Guide

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Meeting with my Guide

Doing a Ph.D part time is tough, it is not the extra time that is needed, but the self-discipline. I met with my guide Dr. Vinod Pavarala .

We decided to

1. Use only "Films from the Diaspora", mainly the US and UK for my rhetorical analysis. Initially we wanted to compare the Films made by diasporic directors and Films made by mainstream Bollywood directors. This streamlines my researchwork.

2. Until June, I will have to do more reading on the Indian Diaspora.
"Till I have the story on my fingertips."
3. My Ph.d could reach completion in December 2006. If I persevere. ( Perseverance , the hallmark of the Diaspora)

4. That I should study films like "Green Card Fever" (this film had good reviews when we showed it at the Conference) and "Hyderabad Blues" to study new migrants journey the return of the migrant.


There are other details, like procuring movies from the US and asking for books from other professors etc.

Development Junkie | 8:25 PM |

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger