PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Cultural Tid Bits from the diaspora

Monday, April 04, 2005

Cultural Tid Bits from the diaspora

The Arabs get a slap in the face by Indian Pick up Trucks! The Arabs turn the other cheek.

I don't know how I missed this story - where Tony Blair praised India, for its sense of adventure. Would never have expected this from USA's George Bush! Then again British diplomacy charmed India into being a colony.

An interview with Murtaza Vali, a Ph.D student in Art History, Indian citizen, raised in the UAE and studying in the USA with some scholarly interest in Bollywood. This guy is my man!

In India, I still have to hear of University students taking "Bollywood dancing" as seriously as their Western counterparts. We take Bollywood for granted, and they
take Bollywood for culture.

JoSH has been ripping up the MTV World Chart Express with a popular mix of tracks inspired by bhangra (the folk music and dance from the Indian state of Punjab) and Urdu ballads with a North American sensibility.For more ...bhalle bhalle North American sensibility Ummm! ??????

Development Junkie | 8:42 PM |

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger