PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: The Ph.D Blues

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Ph.D Blues

I am just in-between finishing off urgent work assignments and taking a holiday. So the Ph.D is on the backburner. Phew! I've got to meet my guide next week. Most times I wish I enrolled for a full time Ph.D.

But on second thoughts, I really don't want to live in an academic ivory tower nor do I want to get so involved in the commercial work force that I forget the intellecutal gusto of the academia. So here I am doing my two bits.

I never thought a Ph.D would be so intellectually fun yet one helluva anxious roller coaster ride. Sometimes it is a crisis of motivation, on other days you just can't get the concept clear and on certain terrible days you wonder if the work your producing will have any kind of impact or in any way be taken seriously.

It is hard to be intellectually active, self-disciplined and strong.But you've got to do what you chose to do.

Development Junkie | 11:12 PM |

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger