PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Giving Up - Oh No!.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Giving Up - Oh No!.

Sometimes a PH.D takes control over your life, it fixes time lines, disrupts a normal family life, takes over your thinking, frustrates you and in extreme cases tests your confidence and self-esteem.Working part-time without peer or grant support is discouraging. And you want to give up.

I am at that point when my Ph.D topic seems rather limited in its scope, actually I think it is my mind which is limiting. I have to meet my guide tomorrow, he wants to know the larger questions my Ph.D will address. I have written that down several times. I'll just try again.

I know there is a scope to study Diasporic Film...the appeal intellectually, academically and signify how very hyphenated the Indian is becoming.


Back to work!

Development Junkie | 10:27 PM |

Comments

Anonymous Anonymous | Thu Jun 16, 05:58:00 AM | # 

Hello Cecilia,

You know, I know remarkably little about Indian film.

Tell me the most important ones so that I can start to learn.

I do watch Indian music video. The combination of folk dance and music forms with (?) disco and rock is very energetic and exciting.

Thanks for your comments. I'll respond to them today or tomorrow on my site.

Post a Comment

<< Home

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger