PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Beautiful - Ash, Beautiful - India

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Beautiful - Ash, Beautiful - India

She is beautiful, she is everything gorgeous and she's Indian.

I find that people in India find Aishwarya beautiful, abroad she seems to be representing the modern Indian woman. And I find most of the NRI blogs that I read, enamoured by her.

NRI Director, Gurinder Chadha featuring Ash in two of her movies "Bride and Prejudice" and "Mistress of Spices" , speaks a lot about the NRI obsession with the lady and how she represents the new Indian as being 'transnational'.

1. Is it that the NRI's want to believe that Ash is beautiful because she is Indian?

2. Do they think she is lending her face to sell India in the West. Oprah! David Lettermen...

3. Does the NRI believe that Aishwarya is an Icon, representing Indian modernism?

4. Is she the one thing they can be proud of from back home?

Whatever it is, I appreciate the market-savvy lady - wrapping the whole world around those lovely eyes.

Development Junkie | 8:18 PM |

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger