PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: if you want to know your Indian ancestry

Thursday, July 07, 2005

if you want to know your Indian ancestry


(This is a Mauritian stamp commemorating the end of Indian slavery)

For all of you People of Indian Origin, I found a site, that will allow you to get information on your ancestral family back home. I think this is a great service by the Government of India - to offer the "Old Diaspora" particularly the immigrants who left India early in the century, a chance to get to their roots. I wonder if they'd be interested. If yes why? If no why?

I heard about this site awhile ago and finally got around to doing a google, when I landed this site.Trace your Roots in India



This website is designed to address the queries from the members of the Indian Diaspora on their ancestral roots in India in a systematic manner, in an interactive mode by developing a database through a questionnaire , transmission of the data to the administrative unit in the relevant district in India.

Development Junkie | 3:38 AM |

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger