PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Steve Raymer, a picture is worth a thousand stories of culture

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Steve Raymer, a picture is worth a thousand stories of culture


I visited Steve Raymer's site, where I found "Images of the Indian Diaspora". These pictures are copyrighted,if you want to have a peek-a-boo, visit the site . There are listed under his current projects.


But unlike other mass migrations, the Indian Diaspora maintains far-reaching cultural ties with the motherland. Indians do not so much assimilate the culture of their adopted lands, but instead bring the culture of India to the 110 countries where they live.

Development Junkie | 10:19 PM |

Comments

Anonymous Anonymous | Sun Jul 17, 10:52:00 AM | # 

Thanks for the info about the Steve Raymer's site.

I look forward to ur writeups on specific countries where our diaspora have settled.

Blogger oremuna | Mon Jul 25, 04:05:00 AM | # 

Came from Indi bloggers.

You have a nice blog.

Post a Comment

<< Home

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger