PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Fiji Indians

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Fiji Indians

Someday I would love to visit Fiji. Really where ever there is an "Indian Population", I would love to go. My citizenry never seizes to amaze me.Espcially on this island where the Indian diaspora was slandered.


Well I read this article today, Indian diaspora body opposes Fiji leader's India visit

The Global Organization of People of Indian Origin (GOPIO) has opposed Fijian Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase's upcoming visit to India, slamming him for denying fundamental rights to Indians in his country.



Indian diplomacy goes through the fire-test?

Development Junkie | 3:53 AM |

Comments

Blogger saurav | Fri Sep 02, 06:28:00 PM | # 

Oh .. Fiji is so beautiful....all the best...

Blogger loloma | Sat Sep 03, 02:35:00 AM | # 

Yeah, Avik is right, Fiji is a very beautiful place. But I would still not advise you to go there next year...

They will have general elections there and we already know what happens after almost every general election in which Indians win more power than they're "supposed" to. And with PM Qarase trying hard to bring out of jail all the criminals from the previous coup, I'd be surprised if history is not going to repeat itself... for the forth time!

Post a Comment

<< Home

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger