PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Fulbright

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Fulbright


Dear Friends, my Ph.D will take a turn on the road to a more enriched and lively thesis, if I get through my Fulbright interview in New Delhi on September 14th. I am preparing fo the interview, trying to give it my best, given the time constraints and other important priorities.

The Fulbright will be an opportunity to work with Jigna Desai, Asst Professor, University of Minnesota, the author of the only book on South Asian diasporic film, titled “Beyond Bollywood – The Cultural Politics of South Asian Diasporic Film".

I am really grateful to Jigna Desai, for commenting on my proposal, for someone I just wrote into and who got so involved with my work at an on-line level, I can only say - if you want something badly enough, it comes your way.


"International education exchange is the most significant current project designed to continue the process of humanizing mankind to the point, we would hope, that nations can learn to live in peace"
--J. William Fulbright

Development Junkie | 9:07 PM |

Comments

Blogger loloma | Thu Sep 08, 03:13:00 AM | # 

Best of luck with your interview! You're having it exactly on my birthday, which is also an important religious celebration where I come from. I'm sure it's an auspicious coincidence ;)

P.S. I'll try to get Jigna Desai's book as well. Thanx for the tip.

Post a Comment

<< Home

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger