PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Love and Color in Diasporic Film

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Love and Color in Diasporic Film


At work I have a dear friend, who is 30, single, intelligent, not-pretty, but clean and dark. Now she started to date an American guy working here. Of course it was the ususal hush-hush affair.She wishes she can marry him.Now the guy is going back home and the friend is going to be single once more.Somehow this affair got me thinking.

And I couldn't help but put my mind to understand "inter-racial love affairs" that are so much a part of diasporic film. There are reasons - identity, race relations, marginal status,power, gender relations, colonial imperialism all of these can be reflected in an "Inter -racial Romantic Relationship".

My Ph.D is going to have a section talking about this aspect of diasporic film, which I find so insightful yet so banal on one hand.


For more books on Inter Racial Romances - CLICK

Development Junkie | 9:56 PM |

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger