PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: My interest in the diaspora

Monday, October 03, 2005

My interest in the diaspora


My one year in Hong Kong introduced me to the Indian diaspora in Hong Kong, mostly Sindhi business families. Most of them owners of the large hotels and industries. You find them in the swankiest night clubs, driving in luxuary cars and since its Hong Kong, you find them living in big mansions, the ultimate rich man's test, since Hong Kong real estate is super expensive.

Being a student there I always wanted to meet some Indians there, but these were not in my league. They are rich n famous, not to mention Hong Kongs most beautiful people.

So it bought back memories when I read this article on the very media shy Harilela family- 110-member strong NRI family residing in Hong Kong mansion

Development Junkie | 8:57 PM |

Comments

Blogger Kaps | Tue Oct 04, 08:47:00 AM | # 

the link to harilela group doesn't work

Blogger Development Junkie | Tue Oct 04, 08:32:00 PM | # 

Hey it works when I clicked

Post a Comment

<< Home

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger