PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: Tan Singing from Suriname

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Tan Singing from Suriname


If you gave me a dream job, it would be to travel all over the world where the Indian Diaspora is and chronicle all the cultural artistry. Till this morning I didn't know about Tan Singing - The tan singing style is unique to the Indian community in Suriname and Guyana.From the little I know it is a predominantly East Indian Hindu neo-classical singing style

The internet do not show up much on Tan Singing. But I guess this is a sister genre of Chutney music.

If your interested in a CD: Caribbean Voyage: East Indian Music In The West Indies CD


More articles:

East Indian Music in the West Indies

From Caroni Gyal To Calcutta Woman A History Of East Indian Chutney Music In The Caribbean

Development Junkie | 3:21 AM |

Comments

Blogger Blabber-blogger | Wed Oct 05, 08:32:00 PM | # 

nice blog :) Interesting features..
Will check back for more !!.

And all the best for your Phd. !!

Post a Comment

<< Home

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger