PROUD 2B INDIAN Desipora: SUCCESS is just a SMS away

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

SUCCESS is just a SMS away


We have a copy of the American Idol called Indian Idol in TV. I don't enjoy it. I think it spoils the mystique of the achievers. On TV you watch the humble-bowing chicken turn into a fashionable singer, whose body language changes through every episode until that victorius moment when he is proudly procalimed the INDIAN IDOL.

We all know artists/achievers, work hard, to cultivate their success. But honestly I don't like reality shows that show of how diligent and how lucky they get. I don't want to SMS, or CALL someone to their success. You get the hang of it.
Work hard, practice but not on stage, perform on stage. That makes you a classic celebrity and artist.

I've heard of Lata and Asha struggle and sing away their youth. But have I seen them scurrying around during their early days.NO! I know times have changed and the definition of success is more democratic, audience polls,internet votes, sms's and toll free calls, but I like "SUCCESS" old fashioned way - Toil while others are asleep.

The audience admiration for its idols waxes and wanes, but the discipline, confidance and determination that the idol has for him or herself will be enduring. Therefore a real success!

Development Junkie | 8:53 PM |

About the blog

This blog was chronicling my Ph.D journey, which I am no longer pursuing. Since I will always like reviewing film and talking about Indian family and street culture, this blog takes a different turn.

About me

Development Junkie
New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India

Interested in learning more of development communications

» More Info

Links

Etcetera

Powered by Blogger